Ten Thoughts to Help Avoid Disappointment and Negativity
- 1. Look at life as a journey and enjoy the ride. Get the most out of the detours and realize they are sometimes necessary.
- 2. Do your best, but if what you have done has caused you discouragement, try a different approach. Be passionate about the process, but do not be so attached to the outcome.
- 3. Wish the very best for everyone, with no personal strings attached. Applaud someone else’s win as much as you would your own.
- 4. Trust that there is a divine plan, written by us, and for us, with the oversight of the Divine Universe. However through purposeful blindness, we no longer know what is best for us. A disappointment now, could well mean a victory later, so do not be disappointed. There is usually a reason.
- 5. Ask no more of yourself than the best that you can do, and be satisfied with that. Be compassionate toward yourself as well as others. Know your calling, your gifts, and do them well.
- 6. Do not worry about something when over; it is out of your hands at that point, too late, and over! Learn the lesson. That is what we are here on this earth to do. Move on.
- 7. Have the attitude that no one, except you, owes you anything. Give without expecting a thank-you or anything in return. But when someone does something for you, be appreciative of even the smallest gesture.
- 8. Choose your thoughts, or your thoughts will choose you; they will free you or keep you bound. Educate your Spirit and give it authority over your feelings.
- 9. Judge no one, and disappointment and forgiveness will not be an issue. No one can let you down, if you are not leaning on them. People cannot hurt you unless you allow them to.
- 10. Love anyway, for no reason. Give, just because.
(As adapted from the works contained within “The Language of Positive Thinking”)
- Who Ya NOT Gonna Call? (sportsnetworker.com)
- Protect Your Dream (socyberty.com)
- Tips to Revive Your Relationships (socyberty.com)